Alternanthera Reineckii 'Mini' Aquatic Farmer Tissue Culture
Common Name: AR Mini, Alternanthera Reineckii Mini
AR Mini is a dwarf variant of the well recognized Alternanthera Reineckii. This plant is commonly used in Dutch aquascapes for its bright and vibrant red colors. Its miniature growth allows it to be used in both large and small aquariums as either a foreground, midground or background plant. Like other stem plants, it requires medium to high light with the addition of CO2 for optimum growth. It can be grown emersed or submerged and reaches up to 8 inches tall.
Propagating AR Mini is like any other stem plant, simply cut the stem and replant.
- Alternanthera provides great coverage for sensitive fauna species and is a relatively easy choice for beginners who are looking for colored aquarium plants.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
Family Name: Amaranthaceae
Origin: South America
Light: Medium to High
Co2: Recommended for red coloration
Propagation: Cut stem, new growth, or lateral shoots
Growth rate: Moderate
Fertilizer: UNS Plant Food 2-3x per week