Alternanthera Reineckii Rosaefolia Mini
Common Name: Alternanthera Reineckii Rosaefolia Mini
AR Rosaefolia Mini is the smaller version of the AR Rosaefolia. This plant is commonly used in Dutch aquascapes for its bright and vibrant red colors. It can be characterized by the white vein-like patterns on the leaves. Like other stem plants, it requires medium to high light with the addition of CO2 for optimum growth. It can be grown emersed or submerged and reaches up to 8 inches tall.
Propagating is like any other stem plant, simply cut the stem and replant.
- Alternanthera provides great coverage for sensitive fauna species and is a relatively easy choice for beginners who are looking for colored aquarium plants.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Common Name: AR Rosaefolia Mini
Family Name: Amaranthaceae
Origin: South America
Light: Medium to High
Co2: Recommended for red coloration
Propagation: Cut stem, new growth, or lateral shoots
Growth rate: Moderate
Fertilizer: UNS Plant Food 2-3x per week