Anubias Barteri Petite Round on Lava Stone
Common Name: Anubias Barteri Petite Round
Anubias Barteri Petite Round is a compact, smaller variation of Anubias. This aquarium plant features rounded leaves that are deep green in color with smooth edges. Like most Anubias, Petite Round is great for low tech aquariums and will tolerate various aquarium conditions with ease.
Being an epiphyte, Anubias plants grow best when attached to hardscape such as wood or stone. It is crucial to avoid burying the rhizome as this can cause the plant to rot. They have low to medium light requirements and do benefit from regular fertilization. CO2 is not necessary but can promote faster growth and more robust leaves. Since it's a slow grower, its leaves are susceptible to algae growth if placed under high lighting. Given adequate time, Anubias can adapt to grow in either submerged or emersed conditions making it a fantastic choice for nearly any planted setup. To propagate Anubias, simply cut the rhizome and replant in the desired location.
Notes: (All stats are provided as general guidelines. Factors such as height, size and overall success can vary depending on care and environment.)
- Anubias are strong plants that can thrive in a variety of environments.
- These epiphytes can be planted above the substrate or attached to hardscape.
- Burying the rhizome, will cause the plant to melt and die.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Origin: West Africa
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Separate by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to moderate