Rotala Macrandra Pink Aquatic Farmer Tissue Culture
Common Name: Rotala Macrandra, Rotala Pink
Rotala Macrandra Pink is a beautiful aquarium plant that is highly enjoyed by enthusiasts. Like most Rotala species, its delicate and dramatic appearance makes for a bold mid-ground to background aquatic plant choice. Its only downside, subjectively, is that is quite demanding and requires specific care to flourish. High lighting must be used to yield vivid coloration and CO2 injection is very beneficial for the health of this species. When planting Rotala Macrandra Pink, ample space should be left in between to ensure all areas of the plant receive good lighting and consistent pruning will be necessary. With patient care, this aquarium plant can produce beautiful color variations to a planted tank and stems will show a pale orange to light pink color at the tips depending on the intensity of the lighting fixture used. To propagate, take a cutting from one of the plant's side shoots or axial roots and re-plant it into quality aquarium soil such as Ultum Nature Systems Controsoil!
- Rotala has fragile leaves! Be sure to handle with care.
- Final coloration is ultimately dependent upon the conditions this plant is kept in. This is a live plant meaning size, shape and color may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Lythraceae
Growth Rate: Medium