Alternanthera Bettzickiana Green
Common Name: Alternanthera Bettzickiana Green
Alternanthera Bettzickiana is a popular choice for beginners due to the fact like most alternantheras, it's pretty easy to grow. This unique, bushy plant has deep green, glossy leaves with a soft curly or wrinkles texture.
It prefers high nitrates and high phosphates so dosing fertilizers such as UNS Plant Food will help speed up growth and keep coloration at its best. A nutrient-rich substrate is required for this plant to thrive.
- Alternanthera provide great coverage for sensitive species and are relatively easier choices for beginners who are looking for colored aquarium plants.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Amaranthaceae
Origin: Central/South America
Care: Easy to Moderate
Light: Medium to High
CO2: Recommended but not required
Propagation: Cut stem and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast