Common Name: Bolbitis
Bolbitis is the larger leaf variant of Bolbitis Mini. It’s a slow growing fern that can be grown submerged or emsersed. Like Java Ferns, Anubias and Buce, the rhizomes can be attached directly onto wood or rock. Larger plants can be propagated by dividing along the rhizome and replanting.
- Bolbitis prefer to be placed in areas of an aquarium that experience higher flow rates.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant above a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- Burying the rhizome will cause the plant to die
- Plant is grown best attached to wood, rock, or sitting on top of substrate
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Dryopteridaceae
Origin: South East Asia
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Cut along the rhizome
Growth rate: Slow