Alternanthera Lilacina Tissue Culture
Common Name: Alternanthera Lilacina
The Alternanthera Reineckii 'Lilacina' is a beautiful variety of Alternanthera Reineckii. The stems are a striking reddish-purple color that contrast well against their brownish green leaves. Compared to other Alternanthera Reineckii, Lilacina has narrower and longer leaves. When grown under ideal conditions, new leaves will have hues of pink to red color. Being a stem plant and due to its growth patterns, Alternanthera Lilacina is best suited as a mid or background plant. Similar to other AR varieties, the captivating red coloration will definitely add a refreshing change from the usual green aquascape.
To promote healthy growth, Alternanthera Lilacina should be planted in a tank with high quality plant substrate and a strong light. CO2 injection is highly recommended to achieve the most vibrant colors from this plant. Regular trimmings will help keep Alternanthera Lilacina compact and healthy. These trimmings can then be replanted as a form of propagation.
- Alternanthera provide great coverage for sensitive species and are relatively easier choices for beginners who are looking for colored aquarium plants.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
Family Name: Amaranthaceae
Origin: Central/South America
Care: Easy to Moderate
Light: Medium to High
Propagation: Cut stem and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast