Alternanthera Reineckii Mini Tissue Culture Bag
Common Name: AR Mini, Alternanthera Reineckii Mini
AR Mini is a dwarf variant of the well recognized Alternanthera Reineckii. This plant is commonly used in Dutch aquascapes for its bright and vibrant red colors. Its smaller growth allows it to be used in both large and small aquariums as either a foreground, midground or background plant. Like other aquarium stem plants, it requires medium to high light with the addition of CO2 for optimum growth. It can be grown emersed or submerged and reaches up to, on average, 8 inches tall. Providing this aquarium plant with higher light will result in more compact growth. Lack of lighting may result in leggy growth as the plant attempt to reach the light source.
Propagating AR Mini is like any other stem plant, simply cut the stem and replant.
Alternanthera Reineckii Mini Specifications
Please note, all stats are provided as general guidelines. Factors such as height, size and overall success can vary depending on care and environment.
- Family name: Amaranthaceae
- Origin: South America
- Height: 3-8"
- Care: Medium
- Lighting: Medium to high
- CO2: Not required, but recommended
- Propagation: Cut stem
- Growth rate: Moderate
- Tissue culture plants are grown in-vitro in laboratories specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off, gently.
- Cryptocoryne do not prefer to be moved once planted. If possible, do not uproot them once planted and established!
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt of the aquarium plant.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.