Alternanthera Reineckii UNS Tissue Culture
Common Name: AR
Alternanthera Reineckii is a popular choice for beginners due to the fact that its pretty easy to grow. Most red stem plants can prove difficult to get that vibrant red color without providing high CO2 and micronutrients. This plant can stay vibrant red with relative ease but if nutrients and lighting are severely lacking, the leaves can dull out to an orange hue.
It prefers high nitrates and high phosphates so dosing fertilizers such as UNS Plant Food will help speed up growth and keep coloration at its best.
Propagating AR is like any other stem plant, simply cut the stem and replant.
- Alternanthera provide great coverage for sensitive species and are relatively easier choices for beginners who are looking for colored aquarium plants.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
Family Name: Amaranthaceae
Care: Easy to Moderate
Light: Medium to High
Propagation: Cut stem and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast