Bacopa Monnieri Tissue Culture Pack
Common Name: Water Hyssop, Moneywort
Used in Ayurvedic tradition of India. Will rot if not enough light
Moneywort is a popular back or mid-ground stem plant with pairs of light green leaves sprouting from the base to the tip of the stalk. This aquarium hobby staple adds a cheerful accent to the planted tank, as well as being a medicinal herb in the Ayurveda holistic tradition of India.
This plant can be great for beginners because it is hardy and does not require CO2 injection. It does prefer a nutrient-rich environment and clean water. It requires moderate light or the lower parts of the stems. Moneywort is propagated through cuttings that easily take root in the substrate. It can be grown submersed or emersed, and will bloom tiny pink and white flowers above water.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Bacopa is extremely hardy aquarium plants and is a great beginner choice. However, its leaves are fragile and should be handled with care.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Plantaginaceae
Light: Moderate to High
Co2: Not necessary
Growth rate: Slow