Common Name: Buce Claudia Bucephalandra Claudia is a distinct variant belonging to the Bucephalandra family. Buce Claudia grows wide rounded leaves which also curl along its edges, giving it an unique appearance. Due to its size, Buce Claudia is perfect for any size aquarium. Consider using Buce Claudia as a background...Read more
Common Name: Buce Claudia
Bucephalandra Claudia is a distinct variant belonging to the Bucephalandra family. Buce Claudia grows wide rounded leaves which also curl along its edges, giving it an unique appearance. Due to its size, Buce Claudia is perfect for any size aquarium. Consider using Buce Claudia as a background plant for nano scapes and a foreground plant for larger ones.
Similar to other Buce, Bucephalandra Claudia is easy to care for, not requiring high light, CO2, or dosing of fertilizers, but this plant will benefit from them. Being able to be grown submerged or emerged allows Bucephalandra Claudia to be grown in a variety of set ups, including aquariums, terrariums, paludariums, and vivariums. The growth rate is slow, making a favorite place for algae to grow. Keeping a balanced tank and good water quality will greatly help prevent algae from growing. Placement for this aquatic plant is simple and it can be attached to hardscape material or aquarium decor using super glue or thread.
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
- Endemic To: Borneo
- Leaves: 1-2 inches
- pH: 6-8
- Care: Easy
- Light: Low to Medium
- Co2: Not necessary but recommended
- Propagation: Cut by rhizome
- Growth rate: Slow