Common Name: Bucephalandra Bucephalandra is an easy plant, perfect for beginners. The species can be grown submerged or immersed. Bucephalandra is very slow growing, with new leaves sprouting from long, thin rhizomes. It can be propagated by cutting the rhizome and attached to driftwood and rocks using super glue gel...Read more
Common Name: Bucephalandra
Bucephalandra is an easy plant, perfect for beginners. The species can be grown submerged or immersed. Bucephalandra is very slow growing, with new leaves sprouting from long, thin rhizomes. It can be propagated by cutting the rhizome and attached to driftwood and rocks using super glue gel or thread.
Bucephalandra Shrimp Tunnel Decor is a ready-made aquarium decoration specifically designed for shrimp keepers. Mini clumps of Bucephalandra are attached directly onto the tunnel, providing a natural looking safe haven for shrimp to hide out. The horizontal slab on the right side with the stainless steel mesh allows you to place any additional aquatic plants onto this decor. Some good examples include aquatic mosses, Microsorum Pteropus, Anubias or more Bucephalandra species. The Bucephalandra Shrimp Tunnel Decor is created from aquarium and shrimp safe ceramic so you don't have to worry about placing it directly into your aquarium!
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the rockwool surrounding the roots and attach to hardscape. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
*The first picture shown is a representation of what you will receive.
Size of Tunnel: 2" x 4" x 2"
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow
*No specific types of Buce can be requested, each stone will be chosen at random.