Buce's versatility and ease in care are what make the plant so desirable for planted tanks, terrariums, or even ponds. Many species commonly produce flowers....Read more
Common Name: Bucephalandra Super Red
Buce Super Red is an easy plant, perfect for beginners. It can be grown submerged or immersed. The plant is very slow-growing, with new leaves sprouting from long, thin rhizomes. It can be propagated by cutting the rhizome and attached to driftwood and rocks using super glue gel or thread.
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in the substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow