Croton Codiaeum Variegatum Punctatum Aureum
Common Name: Gold Dust Narrow Leaf Croton, Codiaeum Variegatum 'Eleanor Roosevelt'
Codiaeum Variegatum Punctatum Aureum, also known as Gold Dust Narrow Leaf Croton, is a subtropical, evergreen shrub. The Gold Dust Narrow Croton has long slender dark green leaves that are randomly speckled with yellow. Having such a distinct and vibrant color pattern, Codiaeum Variegatum is a popular household plant. Within their natural environment, the Gold Dust Narrow Leaf Croton can grow up to 6 feet tall, but cultivated species are smaller, reaching an average of 1 to 2 feet tall.
Gold Dust Narrow Leaf Croton has a moderate growth rate, with ideal conditions being bright indirect to full sun, light watering, and temperatures between 60-80 degrees Fahrenheit. Being from a subtropical environment, Codiaeum Variegatum Punctatum will not thrive growing in an area with a cold draft or outside with cold winters. Avoid letting Croton sit in stagnant water, as this will cause the plant to die.
An important note is that Gold Dust Crotons are moderately toxic to pets and humans. Ingestion of any part of the plant may cause irritation to the mouth and stomach.
- Codiaeum Variegatum Narrow Leaf Gold Dust is a houseplant, and will not survive if submerged in aquariums and paladariums.
- May be used in terrariums, but avoid having the Codiaeum Variegatum Narrow Leaf Gold Dust in standing water
- Being a subtropical houseplant, Codiaeum Variegatum Punctatum will not survive winters outside cooler than 60F.
- Codiaeum Variegatum Narrow Leaf Gold Dust is moderately toxic if consumed.
- Codiaeum Variegatum Narrow Leaf Gold Dust final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the environment. Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Euphorbiaceae
Endemic To: Indonesia, Southern Asia, Eastern Pacific Islands
Light: Bright indirect light to full sun
Water: Light watering
Propagation: Cuttings dipped in rooting hormone
Growth rate: Medium