Cryptocoryne Parva TC Bag
Common Name: Crypt Parva
Crypt Parva is one of the smallest species of Crypts, growing up to 4” tall. Due to its size, Crypt Parva is best suited as a foreground or midground plant. The leaves are green and have a grass-like appearance. Naturally, Crypt Parva can be found growing in and along riverbanks. Given an adequate amount of time, crypt parva can be conditioned to grow either submerged or emersed.
Compared to other Crypt species, Crypt Parva has a very slow growth rate. Co2 injection and high light will greatly benefit the plant and increase its growth rate. Tissue cultures are lab grown, and are the best option to ensure that plants are pest, chemical, and algae free!
- Cryptocoryne prefer not to be moved once adapted to its environment.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
Family Name: Araceae
Origin: Sri Lanka
Co2: Not Required
Propagation: Separate by Rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to Moderate