Common Name: Crypt Spiralis
Crypt Spiralis is a beautiful mid- or background plant that has been a popular choice among aquarium lovers. It is one of the earliest cultivated aquarium plants out there. C. Spiralis has maintained such popularity because it is relatively easy to grow, and the loose corkscrew shape of its long, reed-like leaves with a hammered texture make an intriguing backdrop or accent plant. High light will bring out more color in the plants.
- Cryptocoryne prefer not to be moved once planted. If possible, do not move them!
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly plant "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Origin: India, China, Thailand
Co2: Not necessary
Growth rate: Medium