Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green TC Bag
Common Name: Crypt Wendtii Green
Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green is one of the most popular plants known to the aquarium hobby. The leaves are long and bright green, adding a vivid pop of color to any aquarium. Crypt Wendtii Green has a moderate to fast growth rate and be grown both submerged and emersed. Be sure to transition plants slowly to prevent shock. To propagate, simply cut off new plantlets growing from the mother rhizome.
Similar to other crypt species, this plant is recommended for beginners due to its ease in keeping and low care requirements. If grown in good aquarium substrate such as Controsoil, the plant can feed through the roots and grow quickly without the need for high light, CO2 or fertilizer dosing. Tissue cultures are lab grown, and are the best option to ensure that plants are pest, chemical, and algae free!
- Cryptocoryne prefer not to be moved once adapted to its environment.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
Family Name: Araceae
Origin: Sri Lanka
Co2: Not Required
Propagation: Separate by Rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to Moderate