Echinodorus (Helanthium) Tenellus TC Bag
Common Name: Echinodorus Tenellus, Chain Sword, Dwarf Chain Sword, Pygmy Chain Sword
Echinodorus Tenellus is a popular plant due to its growth patterns and leaf structure. The leaves resemble a mix between dwarf hair grass and micro swords. Echinodorus Tenellus will grow into a carpet, that will be thicker if grown under high light with CO2 injection. Plants spread throughout the tank by sending out lateral runners. Once the runners are a decent size, 1-2 inches, they can be separated and planted into a new location if desired. We recommend using Pygmy Chain Swords as either a foreground carpet or a midground plant.
Tissue cultures are lab grown and are the best option to ensure that plants are pest, chemical, and algae free!
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
Family Name: Haloragaceae
Origin: North America
Care: Easy to Moderate
Light: Medium to High
Propagation: Cut stem and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast