Common Name: Echinodorus Tenellus, Chain Sword, Dwarf Chain Sword, Pygmy Chain Sword
Echinodorus Tenellus is a carpeting grass-like plant that bears a close resemblance to a mix between dwarf hair grass and micro swords. This plant grows by sending out lateral runners just like hair grass and other swords and when grown under proper conditions can spread to cover the foreground of your aquarium. For smaller nano tanks, this plant can also serve as a short background plant but adequate lighting and CO2 are recommended.
- Echinodorus is a very hardy species of aquatic plants. Most Echinodorus require nutrient-dense soil to thrive as they are heavy root feeders.
- This particular species can work as a foreground aquarium plant.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Haloragaceae
Origin: North America
Care: Easy to Moderate
Light: Medium to High
Propagation: Cut the stem and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast