Java Moss and Java Fern grown on Wood The Java Fern and Java moss have already been attached to driftwood so you can simply place it into your aquascape. This combination is perfect for new beginners trying their hand at live plants for the first time. They're both considered low light and low requirement plants that...Read more
Java Moss and Java Fern grown on Wood
The Java Fern and Java moss have already been attached to driftwood so you can simply place it into your aquascape. This combination is perfect for new beginners trying their hand at live plants for the first time. They're both considered low light and low requirement plants that anyone can keep. As long as you have water and light, for the most part, they'll grow. Simply place the piece into your aquascape and you're good to go! New growth can be trimmed and reattached to rock or wood. This can be grown under a wide range of conditions, recommended for breeders, beginners and all.
Driftwood is known to naturally release tannins into the aquarium which can stain your water color slightly yellow, similar to tea. This is natural and soft water loving species such as South American fish love this type of tannic acid. Doing several water changes and adding some activated carbon to your filter will help clear up the water. Overtime, the wood will naturally stop releasing tannins.
- Java Fern is an epiphytic aquarium plant. This means it can grow fine when attached to aquascaping hardscape like driftwood and stones.
- Java Fern will propagate through its leaves. Dots on the underside of its leaves are normal and not a cause for concern.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- This particular style of Java Fern comes already attached to a piece of aquarium hardscape and is ready to place into your planted aquarium as is.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
pH: 6.0 - 8.0
Co2: Not Necessary
Propagation: Fern - Cut by rhizome. Moss- Cut, rip, chew
Growth rate: Moderate