Ludwigia Dark Orange
Common Name: Dark Orange Ludwigia
Ludwigia Dark Orange, sometimes known as Ludwigia Sp. Atlantis is a beautiful aquarium stem plant that can show different shades of yellow to dark orange colors in a planted tank. Coloration depends on the care it is given and the lighting used, but there is great potential to produce beautiful pops of color in a planted aquarium. Like other stem plants, Ludwigia Dark Orange can be propagated by trimming the stem and replanting. Trimming should be done frequently to achieve a bushy style that is sought after by enthusiasts. The growth rate is moderate and can be encouraged with Co2 and a nutrient source.
- Ludwigia can be very fragile. Be sure to handle this aquarium plant with care.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Onagraceae
Origin: North America
Light: Medium to high
Co2: Not necessary
Growth Rate: Moderate