Marimo Balls are actually a spherical algae form that grows into a round ball shape.The word Marimo in Japanese literally translates to "seaweed ball" and was coined by Japanese botanist Takiya Kawakami. This plant grows extremely slowly, at a rate of less than 5mm per year. Because its essentially a type of algae, Marimo Balls are extremely easy to care for and can grow in almost any aquarium condition.
Marimo Balls is extremely easy to plant. Literally throw it in your aquarium, or break it up into a mat and attach it to your rock or wood. It can be flatted out into a mat and glued or tied onto your stones to create a hilltop appearance. The possibilities with this plant are only limited by your imagination.
You will receive one Marimo Ball with every purchase. The smalls are approximately 1", large are about 2", and extra large is roughly 3".
- Aquarium moss is extremely hardy and will survive in a wide range of aquarium parameters.
- Please note, most moss species can contain brown bits and while suitable for low tech tanks, CO2 injection will yield better growth and coloration.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Light: Low to medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut, Rip, Chew