Mini Bucephalandra on Stone
Common Name: Bucephalandra
Bucephalandra is an easy aquatic plant that is perfect for the beginner hobbyists. The Bucephalandra species can be grown submerged in an aquarium or emersed in terrarium-like setups. Known to be a slow grower, most Bucephalandra species will sprout new leaves from long, thin rhizomes and is quite hardy while remaining relatively undemanding. It can be propagated by cutting the rhizome and being attached to driftwood and rocks using super glue gel or thread.
Mini Bucephalandra on Stone consists of a mixture of our finest small leaf buces such as Bucephalandra Mini Coin, Bucephalandra Brownie Sugar, and Bucephalandra Lamandau Mini Purple attached to round stone plugs. Versatile with placement, these mini buce stones are ready to use and can be simply placed in your planted aquarium and you're done. These mini buce stones give beautiful accents and are great additions to shrimp tanks as well as planted aquascapes.
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the rockwool surrounding the roots and attach to hardscape. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Size of Stone: 1.5" in Diameter
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow
*No specific types of Buce can be requested, each stone will be chosen at random.