Common Name: Water Milfoil
Myriophyllum Propinquum, commonly referred to as Water Milfoil, is another species in the Myriophyllum family. This aquarium plant does well in both pond settings and planted aquariums. It has the ability to grow emersed as well and stems that grow above the waterline tend to be stiffer. Below water, Myrio Propinquum features signature feather-like leaves that give nice movement in a planted aquarium. This a relatively easy species to care for, and works in a wide range of aquaria.
Due to its high growth, the Green Milfoil must be cut back frequently. One can re-plant the cut shoot tips in the substrate, or throw away the cutting and plant grow back. Propagation is easy via this cutting and re-planting method.
- Pruning will be required to ensure other plants are not shaded from lighting.
- Myriophyllum species makes a great midground or background filler plant choice!
- Relatively hardy and adaptable to a range of aquarium parameters.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its lead bunch. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly plant "lead bunch" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Haloragaceae
pH: 5.0 - 7.5
Growth Rate: Fast