Common Name: Rotalia ramosior Sunset, Rotala sp Sunset, Ammannia Sulawesi, Rotala Sunset
Rotala Sunset is a beautiful species that commonly gets confused with Cuphea Annagalloidea and gets its name thanks to its lively reddish-orangish tones. This aquarium stem plant can be difficult to care for and will require special attention. This disposition makes this particular species of Rotala suitable for aquarium hobbyists who have more experience caring for aquarium plants. High lighting and sufficient CO2 levels, will greatly help this plant coloration achieve its most vivid state.
We recommend placing Rotala Florida Sunset as a background The bright sunset-esque coloration will most certainly brighten up and bring a sense of life to your aquascape. Rotala Sunset can be grown in both submerged and emersed conditions, although a transition period will be required. To keep Rotala Sunset nice and compact, regular trimming will need to be performed.
Rotala Florida Sunset Specifications
Please note, all stats are provided as general guidelines. Factors such as height, size and overall success can vary depending on care and environment.
- Family name: Lythraceae
- Origin: America
- Height: 3-15"
- Care: Medium to High
- Lighting: Medium to High
- CO2: Required
- Propagation: Cut stem and replant
- Growth rate: Medium
- Intensity of coloration, final size, and growth rate is largely based on the conditions this plant is kept in. This is a live plant meaning size, shape and color may vary.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt of the aquarium plant.
- High CO2 injection and sufficient nutrients will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.