Anubias Barteri Petite Round
Common Name: Anubias Petite Round
Anubias Barteri Petite Round is a compact and smaller variety of Anubias. The ovate leaves are a deep green color and have smooth edges. The leaf pattern provides an excellent contrast to an edgy aquascape by smoothing out rough edges. Different lighting conditions will affect the colors of the leave, with lower light bringing out a darker green color.
Being an epiphyte, Anubias grow best being attached to hardscape such as wood or stone. It is crucial to avoid burying the rhizome as this can cause the plant to rot. They have low to medium light requirements and can benefit from regular fertilization. CO2 is not necessary but can promote faster growth and more robust leaves. Since it's a slow grower, the leaves are susceptible to algae growth if placed under high lighting. Given adequate time, Anubias can adapt to grow in either submerged or emersed conditions. To propagate Anubias, simple cut apart the rhizome and replant in the desired location.
- Anubias are hardy plants that can thrive in a variety of environments.
- These epiphytes can be planted above the substrate or attached to hardscape.
- Burying the rhizome, will cause the plant to melt and die.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Origin: West Africa
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Separate by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to moderate