Anubias Giant Stardust
Common Name: Anubias Giant Stardust
Anubias Giant Stardust is an extremely rare, beautiful aquarium plant. Appearance is comparable to the original Anubias Stardust, but this variation is much larger in size making it suitable for all aquariums. A key characteristic of this plant is its white veins that run down the center of its leaves. This paired with a slightly speckled color provides a pop in any planted aquarium.
Care is similar to other species of Anubias, but quality lighting and clean water are highly recommended to encourage healthy growth and more stable coloration. Anubias Giant Stardust works beautifully in the midground area of the planted tank or anywhere where additional greenery is needed. Like most Anubias species, it is a slow grower, but worth the wait for its ornamental display and hardy nature. These leaves give excellent contrast to dark-colored rocks (such as lava rocks) and roots!
- Anubias are strong plants that can thrive in a variety of environments.
- These epiphytes can be planted above the substrate or attached to hardscape.
- Burying the rhizome, will cause the plant to melt and die.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Separate by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to moderate