Anubias Minima on Christmas Moss Tower
Common Name: Anubias Minima on Moss Tower
Anubias Minima is a unique variety of Anubias. The leaves are long and slender with a bright green coloration. Depending on growing conditions this plant can stay relatively compact or grow quite tall. High light and CO2 injection will help this plant stay more compact. The Anubias Minima is attached onto a black plastic tower that is covered in Christmas moss. This combination is ideal structure to add height into any aquascape. If placed horizontally, the tower can act as a small cave for shrimp and nano fish to hide in.
Both Anubias Minima and moss are easy plants to care for. They can thrive in low light and CO2 conditions, but will definitely benefit if grown in high light with CO2 injection. It is crucial not to bury the rhizome of the Anubias as this may lead to rot. Trim the moss regularly to achieve a compact growth and to keep ensure that the Anubias Minima does not get outcompeted. Both of these plants can be propagated by cuttings, but be sure to cut the Anubias at the rhizome.
- Anubias are strong plants that can thrive in a variety of environments.
- Anubias are epiphytes can be planted above the substrate or attached to hardscape.
- Burying the rhizome, will cause the plant to melt and die
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Trim moss to achieve a compact appearance
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Dimensions: 4 x 2.25"
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Anubias: Separate by rhizome, Moss: Cuttings
Growth rate: Slow to moderate