Mini Bolbitis on Driftwood
Common Name: Bolbitis
Bolbitis Heteroclita looks more like Java Fern in comparison to Bobltis Mini and Difformis. It’s a slow growing fern that can be grown submerged or emersed. Like Java Ferns, Anubias and Buce, the rhizomes can be attached directly onto wood or rock. This particular Bolbitis Heteroclita Difformis is already attached to a piece of driftwood so all you need to do is place it into your aquarium. Once it has matured, larger plants can be propagated by dividing along the rhizome and reattaching.
- Bolbitis prefer to be placed in areas of an aquarium that experience higher flow rates.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Burying the rhizome will cause the plant to die
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Dryopteridaceae
Origin: South East Asia
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Cut along the rhizome
Growth rate: Slow