Bucephalandra on Bonsai Tree
Common Name: Bucephalandra on Bonsai
Every hand-crafted bonsai tree is unique. Photos are a representation of what you may receive and shape will vary.
Bucephalandra is a popular genus in the aquarium hobby. It is well-known for its hardiness display of iridescent colors in the aquarium. This listing is for a hand-crafted bonsai tree with mixed, small-leafed bucephalandra already attached. This means it can be placed into the aquarium immediately, no preparation required.While Bucephalandra can grow in an aquarium without CO2 injection, the use of it will help promote quicker, healthier growth. Because Bucephalandra are slow growers, they can be susceptible to algae if aquarium maintenance is not done consistently. If possible, CO2 injection, quality fertilizer and good flow are preferable for Bucephalandra.
Average Sizing (LxWxH):
- Extra Small: 2 x 1 x 3"
- Small: 3 x 2 x 5"
- Medium: 5 x 2 x 6"
- Large: 6 x 3 x 7"
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape. It may also be planted along the substrate as long as the rhizome is not buried.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow