Common Name: Alternanthera Rosanervig
Alternanthera Reineckii Rosanervig features vivid pink leaves with lightly colored veins. Similar to other species in the Alternanthera family, this aquatic plant will grow best when provided with good aquarium lighting and a consistent fertilizer regiment. This species is slightly more sensitive and has a softer stem, so care should be taken when handling this aquatic plant. If given the best care, this aquatic plant is striking as a background choice in smaller aquariums or as a midground in larger planted tanks. Make sure to remove the lead weight and sponge from the stems and plant each stem individually before planting into your aquarium substrate.
- Alternanthera provide great coverage for sensitive species and are relatively easier choices for beginners who are looking for colored aquarium plants.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Common Name: AR
Family Name: Amaranthaceae
Origin: Central/South America
Care: Easy to Moderate
Light: Medium to High
Propagation: Cut stem and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast
Remove the lead weight and sponge from the stems and plant each stem individually into your substrate