Anubias Nana Petite on Nano Driftwood
Common Name: Anubias Nana
Anubias are extremely easy plants to grow and can survive a wide range of water parameters. Anubias Nana Petite is one of the smallest variants and is a popular choice amongst enthusiasts and beginners alike. Like other Anubias plants they can grow in both aquariums and terrariums either submerged or emersed.
Anubias grow best when attached to a hard surface such as stone, driftwood or other aquarium decoration. This plant comes attached to driftwood so all you have to do is place it into your aquarium.
They are flowering plants that have low to medium light requirements and can benefit from regular fertilization. Since its a slow grower, the leaves are susceptible to algae growth if placed under high lighting.
Propagation is easy and straightforward; simply cut or pull apart rhizomes to be replanted.
- Anubias are strong plants that can thrive in a variety of environments.
- These epiphytes can be planted above the substrate or attached to hardscape.
- Burying the rhizome, will cause the plant to melt and die.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Origin: West Africa
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Separate by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to moderate