Common Name: Aponogeton Crispus
Aponogeton Crispus is a beautiful aquarium plant hailing from Sri Lanka. This aquarium plant features light green leaves that are slightly transparent and large in size. Aponogeton Crispus's larger size makes it suitable as a background choice in larger planted tanks. This aquatic plant is fairly undemanding but does better when provided with soft, slightly acidic water and a nutrient-dense bottom.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Aponogeton grows fairly large making this aquarium plant suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its lead bunch. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "bunched" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Aponogetonaceae
Origin: Sri Lanka
Height: 12” – 24”+
pH: 5 – 6.5
Light: Low to High
Propagation: Seeds. Self-pollinates.
Growth Rate: Fast