Bucephalandra Biblis (Farmed)
Common Name: Buce Biblis
Bucephalandra Biblis is a unique variant belonging to the Bucephalandra family. Buce Biblis is a great aquatic plant choice for nano aquariums due to its small size and ornamental appearance. Buce Biblis grows leaves with slight curls on its margins, with colors varying from dark green to reddish brown hues.
Like most Buce, Bucephalandra Biblis is easy to care for and can be grown submerged or emerged in an array of setups such as aquariums, terrariums, paludariums, and vivariums. Buce Biblis's growth is slow and new growth sprouts via leaves along its long rhizome. This aquatic plant is can be attached to hardscape material or aquarium decor using super glue or thread.
Although unnecessary, CO2 and a quality fertilizer encourages healthier growth and is recommended if possible.
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the rockwool surrounding the roots and attach to hardscape. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
- Endemic To: Borneo
- Leaves: 1-2 inches
- pH: 6-8
- Care: Easy
- Light: Low to Medium
- Co2: Not necessary but recommended
- Propagation: Cut by rhizome
- Growth rate: Slow