Bucephalandra Godzilla (Farmed)
Common Name: Bucephalandra sp. Godzilla
Bucephalandra Godzilla features longer leaves with a slight ruffle. This species of Buce is medium-sized and like all other Bucephalandra species, is a great beginner plant for its easy care and beautiful appearance. New leaves sport a reddish to deep brown coloration and when matured, darken. Also a slow grower, this species looks best when attached to hardscape material such as aquarium driftwood or stones. It can be grown submerged or emersed and in time will grow quite dense if given the right conditions.
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Leaves: Large, 0.5-1.5 inches
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow