Common Name: Crypt Nurii
Cryptocoryne Nurii is a highly sought after, rare and attractive variant of Cryptocoryne. Its considered extremely slow growing and often difficult to grow by many hobbyist. The leaves have a ruffled texture that can range from olive green to bronze-red. It can grow in both low tech or high tech tanks with low to medium lighting. CO2 is not absolutely necessary but will help in growth.
- Cryptocoryne prefer not to be moved once planted. If possible, do not move them!
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly plant "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Sri Lanka
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow