Cryptocoryne Pink Flamingo
Common Name: Crypt Flamingo, Crypt Pink Panther
Crypt Flamingo is one of our favorites here at the Buce Plant. The ruffled leaves and pink coloration really sets this plant apart from the other more common Crypts. This is extremely rare and sought after plant from collectors. The exotic pink tones make it desirable compared to the common green or brown colored Cryptocoryne species. New leaves tend to have a blood red color initially which naturally lighten up into a pinkish tint over time.
It is generally a pretty easy plant to keep once it gets established in an aquarium. When grown under optimum conditions with high light and CO2, this plant can develop an intense pink coloration.
- Cryptocoryne prefer not to be moved once planted. If possible, do not move them!
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly plant "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Moderate