Common Name: Ludwigia White, Ludwigia Pink
Ludwigia Pink a beautiful aquatic plant that is still extremely rare and hard to find in the aquarium trade. Also known as Ludwigia Sp. White, this plant is recommended for experienced hobbyists only as it can be quite difficult to grow and keep. It needs a quality, nutrient rich substrate, high lighting, CO2 injection and a regular dosing schedule in order to grow properly. If successful, the results are very rewarding and the plant makes for an attractive addition to a planted aquarium. This plant can be grown submerged or emersed. Propagation is similar to other Ludwigia species.
To get the most desirable color and growth, you must provide high lighting and rich nutrient levels. High iron content will bring out more red tones in the plant. CO2 injection is not required for the cultivation of this plant, but can help it grow more robustly. The plant can be grown submersed or emersed.
Propagation can be achieved by taking cuttings from the main stem of the plant that are replanted into the substrate.
- Ludwigia can be very fragile. Be sure to handle this aquarium plant with care.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Onagraceae
Origin: South America
Growth Rate: Moderate