The Selaginella Siamensis Hieron is a unique and exotic terrestrial plant that is perfect for adding a touch of tropical beauty to your home or terrarium. This plant is native to Southeast Asia and known for its delicate, fern-like leaves that grow in a lush, green rosette. The leaves are small and feathery, with a glossy texture that adds a touch of elegance to any space. Siamensis Hieron is an easy-care plant that thrives in moderate to high humidity, and it can be grown in both terrariums and humidified rooms.
This plant is a great addition to any terrarium, vivarium, or paludarium as it can help to create a natural looking base for other plants. It is also a great plant for creating a natural looking background for other plants, as it can be used to create a natural looking forest floor.
Siamensis Hieron is suitable for both beginners and experienced hobbyists, as it can be propagated by division or by taking cuttings from the plant. It is a hardy plant that can adapt to different lighting conditions, but prefers bright indirect light. It's a slow-growing plant, so it will not outgrow its space quickly.
- This is not an aquarium plant. Submerging it completely will result in the death of this plant.
- Selaginella Plana works well in terrarium-like setups and should be partially shaded with good humidity.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into quality soil. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- Yellowing of leaves indicates overwatering.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Lycopodiaceae
Origin: Africa, Brazil
Light: Low to Medium
Growth rate: Slow to Moderate