Utricularia Graminifolia Tissue Culture - Small Cup
Common Name: UG, Utricularia Graminifolia
UG is a highly sought after foreground plant that can produce a grass-like lawn of carpet. This carnivorous plant is like an aquatic grass, with thin stalks growing from roots that spread horizontally by sending our runners. This listing is for one small cup of Utricularia Graminifolia.
High lighting and CO2 injection are not always necessary to grow UG but it will definitely increase the growth speed and thickness of the foreground. This plant can grow submerged or emersed in dry start aquariums and Wabi Kusa. Simply separate larger mats into small portions and plant each an inch or so apart halfway into the substrate. After several weeks, the plant will send our runners all around and a lush foreground of grass can be created.
- Utricularia Graminifolia is notorious for being finicky in a planted aquarium. An established environment has been said to yield better growth.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
Family Name: Lentibulariaceae
Light: Medium to High
Propagation: Cut patches and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast