Bucephalandra Godzilla on Lava Stone (Farmed)
Common Name: Bucephalandra Godzilla
Bucephalandra Godzilla features long, dark green leaves with slightly ruffled edges. This species of Buce is medium-sized and like all other Bucephalandra species, is a great beginner plant for its easy care and beautiful appearance. New leaves sport a reddish to deep brown coloration and mature leaves darken. It's highly prized for its pronounced iridescent coloration with appropriate care and when placed under aquarium LED lighting. This particular product comes pre-attached to a piece of lava stone, so all you have to do is place it in your aquarium.
As an epiphytic plant, Bucephalandra generates new growth from its rhizome. It's a slow-grower and can be grown submerged or emersed. Optimal results are achieved for Bucephalandra in low to medium lighting conditions, fostering dense growth when provided with proper water conditions. CO2 injection, adequate water flow, and consistent tank upkeep can result in faster and more robust plant growth. When planting, don't cover the stem and rhizome to prevent plant decay and deterioration. While its care is the same as other popular aquatic species like Anubias and Java Ferns, Bucephalandra is less tolerant of abrupt parameter changes.
Key Features & Important Notes
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium. Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Care & Additional Information
Listed information should be treated as general guidelines only. We encourage you to do thorough research before keeping any type of livestock.
Family Name: Araceae
Skill Level: Easy
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow