Java Fern Philippine Mini
Common Name: Java Fern Philippine
Java Fern is one of the most popular aquarium plants in the hobby due to its beauty and easy care. They can grow in low light conditions and a wide range of water parameters making them a great choice for beginners who are interested in keeping live aquarium plants. Java Fern Philippine Mini is a smaller variant of the Java Fern family. It displays soft green leaves that are shorter and narrower in size when compared to some of the classic choices. The plant can be attached directly onto driftwood, rocks or any aquarium decoration using thread or glue. It can also be stuffed into empty spaces left in hardscape layouts to help fill in the aquarium, allowing for a fuller appearance. Make sure to keep the rhizomes above your substrate or the plant can begin to rot. Propagation is easy and straightforward; simply cut or pull apart rhizomes to be replanted.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters can result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Java Fern is extremely hardy and does not require aquarium soil to grow properly.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant above a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- Burying the rhizome will cause the plant to die
- Plant is grown best attached to wood, rock, or sitting on top of substrate
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Polypodiaceae
Co2: Not Required
Propagation: Separate by Rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to Moderate