Selaginella Kraussiana Mini Club Moss
Common Name: African Club Moss, Golden Moss
Selaginella Kraussiana is a popular choice that is commonly used in terrarium-like setups and vivariums. Referred to by many names such as African Club Moss, Golden Moss and Spike Moss, this plant provides a quick-growing option to those who want ground coverage. Like other terrarium plants, Selaginella Kraussiana shouldn't be completely submerged but does love staying moist with good levels of humidity. Soil thickness should be a few inches as Club Moss will root fairly deep once it takes off. As long as it is kept out of direct lighting and the previous conditions are provided, it is typically forgiving and easy to care for. Club moss is durable and great for livestock that tends to get rowdy in their enclosures!
- This is not an aquarium plant. Submerging it completely will result in the death of this plant.
- Selaginella Kraussiana works well in terrarium-like setups and should be partially shaded with good humidity.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into quality soil. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- Yellowing of leaves indicates overwatering.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Lycopodiaceae
Light: Low to Medium
Growth rate: Slow to Moderate