Water Wisteria/Hygrophila Difformis
Common Name: Water Wisteria, Water Sprite
Wisteria is a popular, fast-growing stem plant that is extremely easy to care for and suitable for beginners. It can grow very tall but with frequent pruning, the plant can stay compact and low growing. Stems can be cut and replanted for propagation.
- Photos show plant in emersed vs. submerged form. You may receive this plant in its emersed or submerged form depending on availability and seasonality. Click to learn more about Emersed vs. Submerged-Grown Aquatic Plants for Aquascaping.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not required
Propagation: Cut lateral shoots
Growth rate: Fast