Java Moss is the most common aquarium moss used in the planted aquarium hobby! Characterized by its deep green hue and thin fronds, Java Moss has many different uses and can be utilized to recreate a variety of styles in a planted tank.
Most commonly, Java Moss is typically used to wrap aquascaping rocks or aquarium driftwood. The addition of moss to hardscape adds an aged look that is enjoyed by enthusiasts of all skill levels. Moss is also commonly used in breeding projects and can provide valuable coverage for fry. There are many types of aquarium moss and each species will vary in growth patterns with slightly varying fronds! One of the most loved attributes of aquarium moss is its hardiness. Aquarium moss makes a wonderful beginner plant and is an easy introduction to keeping live aquatic plants.
You will receive one golfball size of Java Moss. Moss is very versatile and can be attached to hardscape or left free-floating. It can be grown under a wide range of aquarium conditions and is recommended for breeders, beginners, and all.
- Aquarium moss is extremely hardy and will survive in a wide range of aquarium parameters.
- Please note, most moss species can contain brown bits and while suitable for low tech tanks, CO2 injection will yield better growth and coloration.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Light: Low to medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut, Rip, Chew
*Large cup has a 4.5" diameter