Bucephalandra Dark Skeleton King
Common Name: Bucephalandra Dark Skeleton King/Dark Achilles
This is the dark variant of the Skeleton King AKA Dark Achilles. This Buce is well-titled as the true King of all Buce! It has great big leaves and a dark menacing color. New leaves will display a deep pink to red coloration that darkens as they mature. A truly amazing specimen that is a popular collector's item amongst aquascapers. It can be grown submerged or emersed although many report minor leaf melt while submerged. The plant is very slow growing, with new leaves sprouting from the base rhizome.
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the rockwool surrounding the roots and attach to hardscape. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Light: Medium to High
Propagation: Cut by rhizome