Echinodorus Red Rubin Mother Pot
Common Name: Red Rubin Sword
***Every live plant is unique. Height, shape, and leaf coloring will vary.***
Red Rubin Swords are bold and colorful plants, perfect for background accents in any hobbyist’s aquarium. These plants have short stems with large ovoid leaves that display hardy yellow veins and leaves with a subtle wavy texture. Red Rubin sword plants can display a range of colors from red, purple, and gold to green or dark green. Red Rubin sword plants can easily grow emersed or submersed.
Red Rubin swords propagate through side shoots that grow off of their leaves. These can be removed and replanted if desired, or removed and discarded to control the spread of the plant.
Red Rubin sword plants are not picky when it comes to water parameters, but they do need a good, nutrient-rich soil in order to thrive. CO2 injection is not necessary for these plants. Moderate light is ideal for Red Rubin swords, but the plant will do fine under a range of lighting conditions. These plants are sensitive to copper and should not be kept in tanks treated with it. Amazon sword plants can get pretty huge, making them a great fit for a large tank. Their large leaves can easily restrict light to other plants if they are not pruned regularly.
- Echinodorus is a very hardy species of aquatic plants. Most Echinodorus require nutrient-dense soil to thrive as they are heavy root feeders.
- Echinodorus grow fairly large and are more suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Alismataceae
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Adventitious shoots
Growth rate: Fast