Ludwigia Natans Super Red
Common Name: Super Red Ludwigia
Ludwigia super red is an easy plant to keep that adds movement and dimension to the mid- or background of the aquarium. This plant has small, round, pointed leaves that grow in opposite pairs along the whole length of the stem. The leaves can be green or red, depending on tank conditions. These plants are very attractive when planted in bunches of 10-12 stems.
It is a versatile plant, but to get the desirable bright red color, you must provide high lighting and nutrient levels. High iron content will bring out more red tones in the plant. UNS Plant Food is recommended to allow this plant to truly thrive. CO2 injection is not required but can help it grow more robustly. The plant can be grown submersed or emersed.
Propagation can be achieved by taking cuttings from the main stem of the plant that are replanted into the substrate.
- Ludwigia can be very fragile. Be sure to handle this aquarium plant with care.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Onagraceae
Origin: North/Central America
pH: 6.0 - 7.0
Co2: Not necessary
Growth Rate: Fast