Alternanthera Bettzickiana Green
Common Name: Alternanthera Bettzickiana Green
Alternanthera Bettzickiana is a popular choice for beginners due to the fact like most alternantheras, it's pretty easy to grow. This type of Alternanthera is a unique stem plant with deep green, glossy color and soft curly or wrinkled textured leaves. It's fairly easy to keep and is a popular choice as a bushy midground or background plant. This plant is also known for being a great addition to Dutch-style aquascapes.
It prefers high nitrates and high phosphates so dosing fertilizers such as UNS Plant Food will help speed up growth and keep coloration at its best. A nutrient-rich substrate is required for this plant to thrive.
- Alternanthera provide great coverage for sensitive species and are relatively easier choices for beginners who are looking for colored aquarium plants.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Amaranthaceae
Origin: Central/South America
Care: Easy to Moderate
Light: Medium to High
CO2: Recommended but not required
Propagation: Cut stem and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast