Common names: Peacock Moss, Peacock Spikemoss, blue spikemoss
Uncinata, also known as Peacock Moss, is a beautiful terrestrial plant that belongs to the Selaginellaceae family. Native to southern China, it features fern-like foliage that spreads low and wide, making it an ideal choice for paludariums and terrariums.
One of the unique features of Uncinata is its blue-green foliage, which can appear iridescent under minimal lighting. It's a low-growing, spreading groundcover that's commonly grown in greenhouses, nurseries, and areas along the Gulf Coast. With proper care, Uncinata is easy to propagate through division and stem cuttings. Rooting from the tips of the foliage allows for easy division and propagation.
- This is not an aquarium plant. Submerging it completely will result in the death of this plant.
- Selaginella Plana works well in terrarium-like setups and should be partially shaded with good humidity.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into quality soil. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- Yellowing of leaves indicates overwatering.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Lycopodiaceae
Origin: Africa, Brazil
Light: Low to Medium
Growth rate: Slow to Moderate